EMHH Ep 51: Connection, Not Correction: The Key to Improvement for You and Your HorseFeb 24, 2023
Let's talk about how you can effortlessly improve your movement. And your horse's performance.
Many of us force ourselves into a straighter posture and endure uncomfortable stretches in an attempt to improve our position and flexibility. And we use that same mindset with our horses. We use our seat, legs, hands and voice to "get" a horse to bend through a corner, pick up the right lead or round their back and engage their hind legs. We're constantly correcting ourselves and our horses!
And while this approach is common, it's not effective. Nor kind.
In this episode, I offer you a kinder, more mindful alternative. This connecting approach not only feels better, it's also effective, it enhances body awareness AND it can elevate your relationship with your horse.
Here's what you'll learn in this episode:
- Connecting with and feeling what is happening can result in improved emotional regulation and a sense of freedom and well-being for both you and your horse. This is huge!
- Distinguishing between effort and strain is important so that all parts of the body can work in harmony.
- Alternative approaches to correcting problem movements and habits can be more successful than simply trying to resist them.
- Building a strong connection with your horse is essential to create a comfortable and enjoyable tacking up and riding experience.
- Observing your horse's movement habits can lead to profound improvements.
💥Want to get expert coaching on putting this into practice?💥
Go to https://www.marydebono.com/joinhorse to join the waitlist for our online group coaching program, Move with Your Horse.
Be among the first to know when we open our doors again. And qualify for valuable bonuses!
Easily improve your movement and position in our FREE rider masterclass.
Feldenkrais® for Riders videos: https://www.marydebono.com/rider
All information is for general educational purposes ONLY and doesn't constitute medical or veterinary advice.